Beaufort & Blake is a casual clothing brand inspired by British heritage and time-off style.
Established in 2012, Beaufort & Blake is a casual clothing brand, inspired by British heritage and time-off style. The brand is best known for signature hand-drawn prints that detail our shirts, swim shorts, boxer shorts and socks. Our collections are the culmination of creative input from our whole team, creating a unique blend of design and style.
We’re a young group of individuals with a shared goal – to develop and establish Beaufort & Blake as an innovative and industry-leading brand. Thanks to our small but talented team, we’re realising our goal to become a large-scale multi-channel British clothing brand. To continue our fast-paced growth and expansion, we’re seeking talented people to join our team.
We’re looking to recruit individuals who have the confidence to learn on the job and develop new ideas to keep Beaufort & Blake at the forefront of the digital domain. We can offer candidates a broad range of challenging roles in an upbeat environment. So, whether it is new ideas or being part of an enterprising start-up team that excites you, we would like to hear from you. You can find a full list of current vacancies below. We also welcome speculative applications so please visit the link below for more information!
We’re currently recruiting for a full-time assistant buyer to join our small but successful team in our London offices.
Assist the Buying Director to maintain and consistently improve the timely delivery of product ranges, both current and future, through rigorous working practices including the maintenance and development of great supplier relationships, whilst upholding respectful and effective communication to ensure that all members of the team work together towards the same goal of maximising sales and maintaining brand integrity.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Creation and ownership of the department critical path
- Manage day-to-day negotiation and communication with suppliers for fit, spec and execution of the critical path
- Gather required assortment information to deliver optimum buys and ensure delivery deadlines are met
- Manage consolidation of supplier references and PO raising process effectively and accurately
- Ownership of approvals where appropriate
- Liaising with different teams within the business
- Organising, managing and sourcing all product samples by seasonal range to ensure visual interpretation of range including the sample presentation and storage
- Ensuring all product and delivery information is relayed to the marketing team through the range planner in a timely manner
- Carrying out comparative shopping trips to develop and maintain knowledge of the current market place and presenting the information back to the team on a regular basis
- Liaise with Graphic designer to create CADs of current and future ranges
- Preparation for and organising of product reviews, ensuring all samples are available and set up as required
- Organizing and communicating all department meetings and events, taking minutes, and cascading to the team and following up action points
- Compile historical sales analysis to provide the foundation and direction to support the Buying director in the development of seasonal strategies
- Assist the buying director to develop and implement product strategies maintain margins, increase overall company sales and profit targets
- Attend and prepare to assist management meetings for new ranges, season planning, options planning, missed opportunities and lessons learnt
- Sharing best practices with colleagues to ensure consistency of information across the business
- Ability to work independently of buying director and take an additional responsibility for the bulk of the buying department
- Complete any ad hoc administration and analytical duties .
BEHAVIOURS FOR SUCCESS
- Experience in apparel/retail/fashion at AB or senior BAA level
- Excellent communication and computer literacy skills in Excel, Word and other systems
- Commercial, confident and creative all rounder
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Technical product knowledge
- Highly organised, accurate and structured approach to work
- Appetite for future role in management as one of the first employees of the business
- 20 days holidays
- Generous clothing allowance
- Staff discount – up to 50%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sample sales
- Discretionary bonus
This is a truly unique opportunity to join the company as one of the first employees and form a long term and prosperous career. The ideal applicant must have a full UK driving license (for supplier visits!)
SALARY: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum depending on experience, along with opportunity for substantial future development.
To apply please email Edward on email@example.com with a CV & covering letter.