At Beaufort & Blake we are building something special – a brand that celebrates the good life. We love getting together with family and friends, taking long walks with the dog, visiting the farmers market, pottering in the garden and a indulging in a leisurely picnic or a pub lunch.
We want those who join the team to have a good life at work too; the chance to be part of an exciting brand where you can have real ownership and responsibility, and work with a truly talented team who strive for the best.
We have fun and we are proud of what we deliver.
Would you like a dose of the good life?
We offer hybrid working, flexibility when life happens, 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays and one annual Good Life Day) and early finish summer Fridays.
Our team are our most important asset and we’re proud to have such a warm and collaborative company culture.
At Beaufort & Blake we champion the good life. So, on top of your 25 days holiday and the statutory UK bank holidays, you’ll also get an annual Good Life Day to spend whenever you wish, for whatever contributes to a good life.
Our head office is a two-minute walk from Wandsworth Town station and a five-minute walk from the town centre, where you’ll find everything you need for lunch breaks and after-work drinks.
Enjoy a present on your birthday, free clothing samples and a generous staff discount for you and gifts for your family. Plus, visits from Cupid, the Easter Bunny and Father Christmas.
We love an excuse to have fun and get together as a team regularly, from Eurovision parties to prosecco and pottery afternoons.
We provide support for new parents and families with our enhanced family leave package.
Pick up a thriller or bestseller from our communal bookshelf. We’re always swapping our favourite reads.
We want those who join our team to have a good life at work. We’re respectful to each other and our customers, have a positive, can-do attitude and are happy to get stuck in – whether the job is big or small. We laugh together, support one another, and always take time to celebrate our achievements.
We always bring our A-game, and never accept second best when it comes to what we create or how we go about doing it. Everyone is trusted to take ownership of their projects and work in their own individual style, all within our collaborative, respectful environment.
We love our jobs and genuinely enjoy spending time with our colleagues (and the occasional office dog). We also hold equal appreciation for time well spent in the pursuit of life’s small pleasures – from tennis through to crocheting, this is a team of keen hobbyists!
We have a welcoming, understanding, and caring company culture; and whilst we don’t claim to be a sustainable brand, we are constantly searching for ways to do the right thing and minimise our impact on the environment.
We’re currently searching for a full-time, permanent customer service manager and office manager with strong communication skills and a driven personality to join our London-based team.
As the customer service manager, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing the smooth running and timeliness of the small Beaufort & Blake customer service team in their executions of daily and weekly duties as well as dealing with escalations in a swift and calm manner and working closely with our outsourced warehouse team in Leeds. You will have great self-confidence and good people skills, an understanding of managing people, and elegantly act as a senior representative of the Beaufort & Blake brand.
You will be based in our Wandsworth Town head office, and keep the office well stocked, supplied and maintained. This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 3 days in the office each week. Weekend work may be required from interested candidates.
Roles and responsibilities
- Daily monitoring of customer service assistants to check their daily task progress is up-to-date and managing any exceptions.
- Managing and resolving daily escalations in customer service cases and diffusing difficult situations with creative cost-efficient solutions.
- Working with the outsourced warehouse team to ensure the highest standard of delivery to the customer.
- Keeping an eye on recurring issues and spot trends to discuss implementation of new processes and policies with the business management team as required.
- Be the direct line manager for the current customer service team of two as well as training/on-boarding new customer service assistants.
- Produce monthly reports on customer service interactions (calls and emails) sharing these with the Operations Director and providing the Customer Service team with KPIs to work towards.
- Staying updated on developments in the customer services field.
- Managing outbound packaging stocks to always keep inventory levels sufficient throughout the year.
- Manage the Wandsworth office ensuring all weekly supplies are kept fully stocked and office maintenance is undertaken in a timely manner.
- Administration of company holiday management and Ad-hoc office admin including managing and organising the business social calendar and ad-hoc company events.
Attributes For Success
- Strong self-confidence with some experience in managing people.
- Comprehensive understanding of ‘customer first’ and ‘going the extra-mile’ ethos
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Ability to remain patient and calm during stressful situations and work well under pressure as well as handling criticism well
- Very good with administration
- Top notch verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player - enjoy working as part of our energetic company team with a consistently positive attitude
- Self-motivation to use initiative and to innovate, when required
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and one annual Good Life Day
- Staff discount – 65% off
- Quarterly socials
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sample giveaways
- Salary c£35k depending on experience and weekend commitments
Please contact us with your CV via email at: email@example.com.